As we continue to wait for the COVID numbers to come down, we are taking our first steps toward regathering in person! Starting April 4th (Easter Sunday), we will be moving our online Family Large Group outside to Lake Accotink Park. It’s been a long year for many of us, especially those with young kids. We hope that worshipping with others outside will provide much needed connection and encouragement. More information is listed below. If you have further questions, please contact our Children & Family Ministries Director Erika Thornton.
-Pastor Steve Kim
- Service Location and Time–
- Where: Lake Accotink Park (7500 Accotink Park Rd, Springfield, VA 22150)
- Parking: There are multiple ways to access the park with parking lots attached. Please use the parking lot that is closest to you and follow the signs for the pavilion we are meeting in that week.
- Shelter Locations: We will either be in the Large Shelter or the McLaren-Sargent Shelter. Please check our Events Page for updated information for the week you are attending
- Time: 10:30am
- Check in– Upon arrival, please check in at the welcome table.
- Seating– Bring your own chairs/blankets, and there may be picnic tables available as well on a first come first served basis. Please maintain social distancing. Families should plan to sit together.
- Sanitizing and Masks– We will have a sanitizing station. Masks will be required at all times for adults and children over 3 years old while participating in our gathering. We will only enforce this protocol within our reserved meeting space.
- Streaming– We will continue to livestream our 11am Sunday service via YouTube. However, Family Large Group will no longer be on Zoom, but only live at the park.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What should I expect at this time? We will keep all the fun elements we had at Family Large Group (Big Bible Timeline, King stories, Exploring God’s Word, Interactive Prayer, and Worship) but have them outside. Families will sit and participate together in this interactive time.
- Do I have to wear a mask? Yes, masks will be required while in our reserved gathering space for both adults and children over 3 years old. Please bring your own mask. We will have some masks available just in case.
- Where do I go, and what will the check-in procedure be like? Please make your way to the gathering spot where you will be greeted and checked in.
- Where do I sit? Please bring your own chairs/blankets and find a spot, maintaining social distancing. There may be a few picnic tables that are available on a first come first served basis. Families should plan to sit together.
- How will communion elements be distributed? You will be asked to pick up a prepackaged Communion cup, which contains both wafer and juice, before the service.
- Will we collect offering during the service? No, we encourage you to please continue giving online.
- Will there be congregational singing? Yes, we anticipate singing together. However, you will be required to keep your mask on as you sing.
- Will there be social time afterwards? There will be no official social time after service. However, because we are meeting in a public park you may choose to fellowship as you feel comfortable.
- What steps are being made to clean the gathering space? Any equipment or supplies we provide will be sanitized.
- Will restrooms be available? Yes, public restrooms will be available at the park.
- What if there is a significant spike in COVID-19 cases in the DMV after we have begun regathering for in-person Family Large Group? We recognize that this may happen, so we will continue to monitor the situation and consult with our leadership in discerning if and when we would need to return to only livestream services in this situation.
- What happens if there is a known case among our service attendees/volunteers/staff? We will suspend our in-person service for two weeks and initiate a communication plan based on the contact information collected from all attendees. We will inform all attendees of the positive case of COVID-19 while maintaining the anonymity of the person, and we will ask all attendees to self-quarantine for 14 days.