We feel that volunteering is a great way to connect with others, grow, and serve! There are always opportunities to get involved so please see the descriptions below and contact the organizer to get started. We also have Ministry Fairs twice a year which are also a great way to get see our needs.
Local & Global Missions
Join our partner Casa Chirilagua, a Christian faith-based not-for-profit outreach in Alexandria, as they seek to develop relationships with families to see the Chirilagua neighborhood transformed by Christ. Check out their website at www.casachirilagua.org or contact email@example.com for more information.
Here are tangible ways you can serve now:
- Middle School Boys Small Groups: Opportunity for 7 adult men small group leaders to build relationships with middle school boys from Chirilagua. Play soccer, build a relationship, listen and learn about their lives, share wisdom and truth while building community with students and other leaders. Thursday evenings from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mentor a Student: Opportunity for 13 adults to form a mentor relationship with a child from Chirilagua community and meet with their student on a weekly basis. Our mentoring program aims to transform two lives through one mentor relationship. Email: email@example.com
- Family Dinner & Celebration Nights: Opportunity for 9 churches or small groups to sponsor one of our monthly Family Dinner & Celebration Nights focused on building unity among the Kids Club families. The celebration will bless approximately 120 people. If you or your small group is interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Men’s Fellowship Ministry
Men’s Fellowship is off and running, but could use your help! The commitment is low while the rewards are high! Just need a FEW GOOD MEN to help plan events, coordinate logistics, and otherwise find ways to help the male species of GCCC grow stronger in faith and community. Food will always be involved.
Women’s Fellowship Ministry
The Women’s Fellowship is looking for volunteers to help plan and coordinate joint or women-only fellowship events for 2016. Organizing fellowship events is a great way to get involved with GCCC, and we are open to coming up with new and exciting ways for women across all life stages to fellowship with one another. If you have a specific event idea, a seminar idea, or want to propose a low-key outing, please contact Victoria. We look forward to hearing from you!
Welcome Team is always accepting new ushers at both Tysons and Arlington services. You are expected to be friendly, welcoming and willing to invite strangers to lunch with you and your friends. Responsibilities include arriving to church 45 minutes early to set up and pray. While people arrive, you will greet them; hand out bulletins; or write name tags. The more ushers in the pool, the less frequent you will usher. Currently, people usher once to twice a month.
The commitment frequency is about once a month; depending on if we have enough volunteers. However, the start time is early on Sunday as the team spends time moving and setting up the equipment. We do ask the people interested in serving in this ministry be either members of the church or are pursuing membership.
- We are looking for musicians with big hearts who love worshipping God. Specifically, we are looking for keyboardists, guitarist, singers, percussion (djembe, drums), and bass.
- We are also looking for people to assist in the video (record sermon, work with song presentation software) and audio (take care of setting up and maintaining the mixer/sound during service) department. Training for these two positions will be provided.