As recent news events continue to draw national attention to mental health concerns, it is natural to wonder what role our church community plays in promoting healing and wholeness in our local and broader cultural context. Daniel Pyon, a professional counselor, will lead discussions on mental health and the church. The discussion will take place at the DoubleTree Hotel in Arlington and will include time for questions.
- What does it mean to be mentally healthy vs. unhealthy?
- What factors contribute to mental health?
- Can a Christian struggle with mental health?
- What is the role of the church in caring for members who struggle with mental health concerns?
- What do the ordinary functions of the church have to do with mental health?
- What are some varying perspectives about how the church should interact with mental health professionals?